Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Off to warm sun on lava rock.

We just returned from Kona, Hawaii where hair in the spring grows to full, humidity filled heights. The textured black rock makes in incredible background for almost any subject. As someone who has spent a great deal of time there over the years, I have to mention my three greatest finds this trip.

On a rainy afternoon I headed north for a round of golf at Makalei. A beautiful course that looks down at the ocean and on a clear day you can see Haleakula on Maui. To my suprise the course is full of the most incredible peacocks I have ever seen. Of course the loud high pitched call of a male standing next to my cart is the memory that will stay with me forever. They are very comfortable around people and could be a beautiful addition to any image.

One of the ultimate locations for a tropical beach with volcanos in the distance and beach cabanas, hammocks, palm trees, and quiet is the Mauna Lani resort. ttp://www.maunalani.com
Set in the dry part of the island with the sun setting over the ocean, it makes the perfect location.

Then a great vegetarian dinner at Jackie Reys back in Kona. Their Ali'i Mushroom Bowl is fabulous! And as with most other Hawaiian stops, the umbrella drinks make the evening complete.

No comments: